Mamasaurus Kids Club
What’s in the podcast:
-Brittany explains what MAMAsaurus Kids Club is and how it started
-Brittany shares the amount of time she spends on MAMAsaurus Kids Club and how she makes money
-Brittany’s advice to women with an idea for a business
-Brittany explains how she picks herself up when times get tough
-How MAMAsaurus Kids Club has affected Brittany’s kids
-How Brittany includes her faith in MAMAsaurus Kids Club
-Brittany discusses how she handles being different than other women she interacts with
-Brittany discusses how she hopes to grow MAMAsaurus Kids Club
-Brittany gives her opinion on why working as a mother is taboo in the LDS church
-Brittany shares her four tips to Mormon Mompreneurs
What are your three favorite business tips?
My three favorite business tips…
1. If you feel the spirit prompting you to do something…. DO IT! Elder Rasband shared an experience in this last general conference where he had received an answer to a prayer and had failed to act on it right away. He began praying about it again, he woke up to a few scriptures going through his mind and he said it was as if the Lord was saying… “Now, Ronald, I already told you what you needed to do… NOW, DO IT!”
2. Its OK to not know what the next step is. I’ve felt that way SO many times with Mamasaurus Kids Club. I’ve found that the best thing that works for me Is to just take it ONE STEP AT A TIME!
3. Sometimes you have to say “NO” and guess what… Its OK! You’re not always going to be able to please everyone.
What are your favorite quotes or words you live by?
Some of my favorite quotes….
1. “BREATHE…” Being a young mom & trying to start a business is HARD! So when I’m trying to post a few things on Mamasaurus & I walk out to EVERY.SINGLE. TOY. all over the family room,I have to remember Breathe.
2.I refer to my patriarchal blessing often. There are some wonderful promises in there. If you have one and haven’t read it in awhile, I encourage you to dust it off & read it.
3. There is a quote that says “Branding is what people say about you when you are not in the room” . I try really hard to live a Christ like life, to talk about my relationship with the savior, to be kind, and to bring out the best in people. Do I have A LOT of room for IMPROVEMENT!?! YES!!! But I’m working on it!
What advice would you give a Mormon Mompreneur who was just starting out?
I am a Mormon Mompreneur who is Just starting out… Thats why I feel 100% unqualified to be considered for this interview! So I guess what I would tell myself is to FIRST continue to follow the promptings of the spirit. Next, My “Group” or Business is based on social media so my kiddos and I are the face of the business. People will recognize us when we are out and about so with that being said sometimes Id feel like I had to come across as the perfect mom with perfect children. (funny joke) I was recently at Chick-fil-a with my sister in law & that particular day my kids were being especially WILD… The baby was screaming, and the toddler decided that NO was his favorite word of the day, we were a hot mess… haha. I was indulging in my Dr. Pepper AND ice cream and all of a sudden a mom comes up to me and said “OH MY GOSH… YOUR MRS. MAMASAURUS!!! Im here with my Work out group! ” dun dun dun… they caught me… Im not perfect… actually not anywhere near it. I’m human, and thats OK! So Second, Be yourself! And lastly just remember that sometimes God requires us to take a leap of faith. We may have received a prompting about doing something, but we want to figure out EVERY SINGLE LITTLE TINY thing before we move forward with it, and sometimes we can do that & other times we just have to take that leap of faith and go for it!
How did you start your mompreneur journey?
I had been receiving promptings to start a toddler activity page, or a group for moms for awhile but I just wasn’t really sure how to do it… Shortly after I had Scotlyn I was browsing on Facebook I was a part of a group that talked about Womens fashion as I was looking at the page the spirit prompted me that I should start the activity page as a facebook group. My son is OBSESSED with dinosaurs hence Mamasaurus kids club! I posted on a different facebook page just asking if anyone would be interested in joining an activity group & the response I got was AWESOME!! I created Mamasaurus Kids club that evening after my kids went to bed and I woke up the next morning with 1,000 pending requests!! I couldn’t believe it! We are now a group that is close to 11,000 and we are still actively growing EVERY SINGLE DAY!! It’s AWESOME!
Love our podcast and want to let us know? Leave us a podcast rating or review or both if you really love us! Not sure how to do that, well, here’s a step-by- step:
1. Launch Apple’s Podcast app.
2. Tap the Search tab.
3. Enter Mormon Mompreneur.
4. Tap the blue Search key at the bottom right.
5. Tap the album art for the podcast.
6. Tap the Reviews tab.
7. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
8. Enter your iTunes password to login.
9. Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
10. Enter title text and content to leave a review.
11. Tap Send.