3 Steps to Putting Your Business in Vacation Mode
You’ve worked hard and it is time for some much deserved down time and celebration. But before you go, do these three steps to set your business up for success while you go on vacation. Here are the 3 Steps to Putting Your Business in Vacation Mode.
1. Set up an email auto-responder.
If you are a gmail user, you can use the following instructions:
Set up your vacation reply
- Open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Scroll down to the “Vacation responder” section.
- Select Vacation responder on.
- Fill in the date range, subject, and message.
- Under your message, check the box if you only want your contacts to see your vacation reply.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Note: If you have a Gmail signature, it will be shown at the bottom of your vacation response.
To turn off your vacation reply: When your vacation reply is on, you’ll see a banner across the top of your inbox that shows the subject of your vacation response.
2. Schedule your social media.
There are a few free apps that allow you to schedule your social media posts for free. Scheduling your posts will give you freedom to be present while still being unplugged and with your family.
You can use:
3. Setup Auto Responder on Facebook
Many of your customers and collaborators find you through Facebook. Don’t forget to set up the auto responder so that they know when you will be back.
Follow these steps to turn on Instant Replies for your Page:
1. Click Settings at the top of your Page
2. Click Messaging in the left column
3. Under Response Assistant, click to select Yes next to Send Instant Replies to anyone who messages your Page
4. To change your instant reply message, click Change, update the message and click Save
5. To turn off Instant Replies:
6. Click Settings at the top of your Page
7. Click Messaging in the left column
8. Under Response Assistant, click to select No next to Send Instant Replies to anyone who messages your Page
**Instant Replies aren’t sent when your Page’s messaging status is set to Away and aren’t included in your Page’s response rate or response time.**
Instant Replies are messages sent automatically as your Page’s first response to new messages. For example, you can use your Instant Reply message to let customers know that you’ll get back to them soon or to thank them for contacting your Page.
Now get out there and have fun. And, don’t forget to join our private Facebook group for all things Mormon Mompreneur.